Saturday, December 03, 2005

Forget CAA/AAA. Use a string.


Why would you call CAA/AAA and all those other towing companies, when you can just a string to attach your dead car to a living one, and pull! No seriously folks, this somehow actually worked. My friend's Proton Tiara, a mechanical twin of the Citroen AX couldn't move because he accidentally filled it up with diesel instead of regular gas. Yeah, I know, eh? So I decided that my 1982 Volvo 244 GL was up to the task of towing his car to the mechanic's place, and we affixed some of that cheap wannabe-rope made out of nylon to both cars. After a bit of jerking and heaving, a lot of clutch slip and some careful navigation we made it out of the carpark. It was a relatively easy affair, although since the cars were so close together I was afraid that he'd either hit me from not braking at the right time, or from the angle during turning. Neither happened, thank God. At one point the line snapped and we had to reattach it, and that was when I took these pictures. No drama though, except for the other drivers who were checking our situation out as if it was two women going at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home