Saturday, November 26, 2005

gotta uncap ma Streamyx!


I should be getting my DSL back tomorrow, and it should be a relief from this lackluster connection present freely in my condo. Still, I think its gonna be too slow, so I've scoured the net searching for methods to "uncap" my DSL modem. It turns out that its quite possible. I'm subscribing to a 1 megabit connection, but come on ... 1 megabit is hardly enough for someone who downloads as heavily as I do. Apparently my bit torrent downloads are gonna be at about 100 KB/s, but i want that to be near 180 KB/s. Methods I didn't find, but from what I've read, all I have to do is "motivate" the technician to uncap the modem to about 5 megabits! Lets see if this is true. I'm really trying not to get excited over it, but i can't help it! I know, I'm a computer geek AND A HALF!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home