Monday, May 01, 2006

Lost ...


I really like watching Lost. I think many North Americans actually like the idea of being "lost" on some remote island. Even more, I think most people love a great mystery. I know I do. Here's a little story: When I was a wee little boy about 14 or so, I went to some event that took place at a high school far away. I was with my cousin, and we took off from the gym (where the event was being held) and found our way to the 2nd floor (to Brits and Asians, the 1st floor). We wanted to feel like we were snooping around or something, as if we were junior Macgyver meets Michael Knight meets James Bond type of guys. I had a paperclip which I was pretending to pick locks with and my cousin was probably trying to do the same (I was the hero from my perspective, so I don't remember much about the background "actors"). We got to the staff room, where I tried my lock-picking skills and magically enough the door opened! Well, I guess somebody forgot to lock it, but in that moment, we just pretended that we were responsible for the unlocking. We went inside, and I guess every kid wants to check out what the staff room is like, so we found it intriguing. There were sofas, a TV, a full kitchen and other stuff too. Our adrenaline was really pumping at this stage, so we decided that the best thing to do was to make ourselves comfortable. We grabbed drinks from the fridge and sat down in front of the TV. Just as we were about to turn it on, somebody was unlocking the door that we had locked behind us. We quickly hid behind a wall, and some teacher walked in!!! We waited until his back was turned and then bolted out as fast as we could, never looking back.


Right, then. Back to Lost. I recently watched the 2nd season finale. It was OK I guess, but I think I was expecting more answers. I watched most of Lost non-stop (Go BitTorrent!) so I was able to detect continuity issues and such easily. The first season of Lost started slowly, didn't develop much until the last few episodes where it really picked up. The second season also started with a bang, and then really slowed down. I think from about halfway the second season has been slow, and has really begun to lose its lustre. I wasn't interested in Ana Lucia at all (I hate the chick who plays
her), and the fact that she and Libby are dead feel like they were a waste of my time.

Some other points:

They have COMPLETELY forgotten about the other hatch where the other survivors of the crash lived, and where Claire was taken when she was pregnant.

The first time Locke experienced lockdown in the hatch, nothing shook and went berserk. What happened to the map that was displayed? Why didn't he try to grab a glimpse of it again?

The "others" didn't care much for the crazy looking sky during the lockdown.

How come nobody noticed the electromagnetic properties at the hatch other than Mr. Eko? Why didn't Eko share that information with Locke, since he was having such a hard time convincing him to push the button?

Yeah, I'm getting bored now, but check out the relationships diagram I have and lemme know if I missed something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home