Sunday, January 22, 2006

Review: Motorola H700 Bluetooth Headset


I just recieved one of these as a gift from my girlfriend. I gotta say, its pretty cool. Since I've never had a bluetooth headset before, the coolness factor definitely affects the way I see this thing. Its sexy, small and light with a long-lasting battery. It pairs very easily with any bluetooth phone, but I bought it also to use with my computer. Here I encountered a bump. The included manual is incredibly vague and generic, and includes no instructions whatsoever to pair with a PC. I tried everything, and I couldn't get it to actually work. It was paired and everything, but I wouldn't hear sound. This is the kicker ... wanna know why it wasn't working? You have to press the call button on the headset itself. Nowhere in the entire fucking manual or on Motorola's website does it say anything about this. You don't have to press the button when pairing with a phone, so why with a PC? Anyways, hitch aside, it worked well after that. Using the latest version of Skype, conversations with friends from the other side of the world were JUST like using a regular phone. Since this headset is smaller and better looking than others, they charge a bit more for it. The slightly high price, combined with the useless manual afford the H700 an 8.5/10 in my book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home